How will legislative developments at the federal, California State, and local level impact health and welfare benefit plans in 2021?
Benefits compliance attorney Marilyn Monahan will walk HR pros through what you need to know to prepare for the year ahead—and provide an action plan.
- FFCRA Leave Laws
- DOL & IRS Extension of Times Frames
- DOL & HHS Testing Coverage Mandate
- Other benefits:
- Cafeteria Plan Amendments
- Health FSA Carryover Limit
- HSA changes (COVID testing & treatment; telehealth)
- OTC Drugs and Medicine FSA/HSA Eligible (CARES Act)
- Supreme Court and the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Non-Discrimination Final Regulations & Court Cases (Section 1557)
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute Fee (PCORI)
- Transparency in Pricing Regulations
- Form 1094/1095 Reporting (Section 4980H) and the new FTB Reporting Requirement
- COVID-19 Bills
- Paid Leave (AB 1867)
- Workers’ Compensation (SB 1159)
- CalOSHA (AB 685)
- On-Going Compliance Challenges
- FSA / DCFSA Employee Notifications (AB 1554)
- Paid Family Leave (PFL)
- California Family Rights Act Expansion (SB 1383)
- Minimum Wage Increases
- Insurance and Benefits
- Mandated Benefit Bills
- Other Key Insurance and Benefit Laws
- San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance (HCSO) and other municipal ordinances
- The Workplace—Heads up on new workplace laws
- Model Notices / Posters—Federal, CA, and municipal
- 2021 Deadlines
Lumity is honored to sponsor this webinar on behalf of our clients and the broader HR community.
About Monahan Law Office
The Monahan Law Office specializes in employee benefits and insurance law. The practice focuses on advising employers and consultants with their compliance obligations under federal and state laws and regulations, with an emphasis on health and welfare plans. The Monahan Law Office provides counsel to insurers, HMOs, consultants, employers, public entities, union-sponsored and self-funded health plans, and third-party administrators.
*This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.